This is the week of the lull.
Majority of the shopping is done, the tree is up, it’s too early to stock the house with holiday food and there is another week of work ahead.
All any of us want to do is curl up in our jammies, wrap presents, drink wine and eat.
Well, eat anything the comes served on a holiday plate, is bite sized or covered in chocolate. Real food has no place in December.
I find myself in this lull every year. Waiting for the holidays to “Officially begin” knowing that if I start my baking now I will just have to do it again, in a rush before Christmas when I notice it has all been eaten already.
So, to force myself out of this lull, and re-energize myself to attack the week ahead, I am sharing 10 great things. Ten things to be happy for, proud of or excited about.
1. My girl came back with a clear diagnosis for the big C. I like to think it is mostly due to the fact that I sent her a pair of ass kicking super hero socks, but it could also be the massive wave of positive energy that was sent her way from all the people she has inspired across the country. Visit her, read her story, and send her love!
2. My workshop for 360Bliss, only the second one we have run there, is sold out (just like the first one was) Not only is this awesome for me being able to connect with a full house, but also for the whole business. We have worked long and hard on this concept and I am giddy with excitement that it is being welcomed with open arms into the industry! Seeing that others understand the value so quickly and are supporting it whole heartedly means the world!
3. It was again clear and dry here on the west coast, after a super rainy week. So clear and so dry in fact that hubby could empty our garage onto the driveway and finally hunt down the HUGE rat that had taken residence. Nowells 1, Rat 0. That is a win for the weekend.
4. My shopping is done, and thanks to a successful year I was able to include a few surprises for my family. There is nothing more rewarding than to gift someone with their wish for the Holidays, and I am grateful that we are in a position to do so. As well, we were able to donate multiple gifts to families in need and at our local school this holiday, and that felt pretty fantastic.
5. I spent the weekend searching out a few surprise hens for a neighbour looking to grow their flock. There is something extra special about helping someone give a gift that you would also love to get. We found the perfect trio to help them get started on chickens and I can’t WAIT until the holidays to hear how they were received.
6. We are all healthy. That is always enough.
7. My jeans don’t fit well this month. But they will next month. And for now I am just going to slip on some sweats and enjoy my extra roll, knowing (trusting/hoping/believing) it is only short term.
8. The week ahead will include project work with some of my FAVOURITE people in this world. To the Christine’s, the Jen’s, the Annes, the Tiff’s, the Lynn’s, the Kristen’s, the Tasha’s and the Brooke’s: I feel blessed to be on your team.
9. I spent the afternoon browsing in a book store. There is nothing that creates anticipation that looking at book, after book after book. So much potential for adventure and learning in those pages.
9b. I spent $150 at the book store as seeds for my future, and I am so very excited about that.
10. Life is good. Life is full. Life is balanced. My days are filled with jobs that I love, opportunities I created, a family I cherish, in a place that I could have only dreamed I would be. There is nothing here, in my life, that should ever put me in a lull. A place filled with magic, where even a predator to our flock is full of beauty.
I will be taking holidays this year. I will be spending the day in the kitchen with my daughters baking up a storm. I will be able to day drink (and not worry about a quick client call and me stumbling over my words). I will spend the day in my jammies.
It is all coming and will be here in a very short week, and to allow myself to fully enjoy it, I WILL get all my work done in time.
There is no lull.